This cool company is making trash bags from recycled plastic harvested from used plastic farming equipment (pun intended). The innovative folks at Sustainable Goods Corporation work with companies that supply irrigation tubes to farms. After the season is done, those plastic tubes are collected up and turned into trash bags for you, how cool?We have been using these bags for the last few months and they work perfectly fine. I realize that there are some out there who have been convinced by commercials that your trash bags should never rip, even if you put a car engine or a basketball hoop in there. I would say these trash bags are slightly thinner than average but for a family who is trying to reduce its waste and diverting much of its trash to recycling and compost, I think they work perfectly fine.Plus, you can feel good about supporting this company since they kick butt on our sustainability checklist:
- Made from over 70% recycled plastic
- The company follows sustainable manufacturing practices and is a 1% for the Planet partner
- As mentioned, this is a quality product for a reasonable price
Brand: Evolution Trash Bags
- White, 13 gallon, super stretch, tall kitchen trash bag, (120bags, 2 rolls of 60)
- EPA Compliant, UL ECOLOGO certified, Qualifies for USGBC LEED program
- Exceeds EPA Procurement Guidelines by 700%
- Made from 70% Certified Post-Consumer Recycled LLDPE. Made in the U.S.A.
- Proud member of 1% For The Planet
Publisher: by Sustainable Goods
Details: Sustainable white, super stretch, tall kitchen trash bag 24″x32″, .85mil, 120 bags per box, 2 rolls of 60. Perforated bags on rolls for easy separation. Made with 70% (third-party certified) Post-Consumer Recycled (PCR) LLDPE. The exclusive closed-loop recycling process allows our trash bags to be manufactured at the highest quality. Exceeds EPA Procurement Guidelines by 700%, UL ECOLOGO certified and counts toward LEED. Proud members of 1% For The Planet. At least 40% of our packaging is made from PCR paper. Made in the U.S.A.